Thursday, July 2, 2015

I love Sense8

Note: This post might contain spoilers so please do not proceed on reading this if you hate spoilers.
photo credit to Netflix and Sense8 Facebook page

One of my office mate (from the last company I worked with) recommended a TV series for me to watch which is titled Sense8. This series is created, written and produced by the Wachowskis who also created the hit franchise The Matix (which I also love!).

Anyway, Sense8 is about eight complete strangers living in different parts of the world who find themselves suddenly connected after they witness a violent death (more like a suicide) of a woman named Angelica. This opening scene already peaked my interest as it made me think how these eight people watched the same scenario while they are doing their normal activities on their respective countries.

Another thing that I like here is that, since they are emotionally and mentally connected, they sort of became friends with each others as they feel what each of them feels, may it joy, sadness, anger, lust and etc. They can even draw their strengths from each other. One of my favorite scene here is on episode 12 where Will and Riley, (I ship them!) need to escape from the main antagonist, Whispers who intends to kill them and anybody like them. In this scene, in order for them to escape, they need the abilities of each of the Sensate (that's what they call the 8 main characters).

I love the part were Will need to fight the guards (I think there were 4) blocking his path towards where Riley is being held captive. In order for him to do that, he needs the fighting skills of Sun Bak, who's a kickboxing star. So like being possessed by a ghost, Will manage to fight off these guards with Sun Bak doing the fighting using Will's body. I know it's kind of confusing but seriously this show is really, really GOOD! I just love these kind of science-fiction stories.

There are other scenarios that you'll love here. The characters are great, I also like their individual story lines especially Sun Bak's because she sort of symbolizes power in many aspects. Physically she's very I love the pairings as well, my fave of course is Will and Riley but I also love Nomi and Amanita's relationship. They show genuineness on their love and it's very nice to see how they trust each other. Then there's Lito and Hernando! Oh my gosh, you will love these two. I think they bring out something light about this mysterious show with the help of their own fangirl Daniela. Even though the main plot of this series is leaning towards drama, action with a mix mind-twisting occurrences, these three characters can still brings out some comedic feel in it.

The only thing I don't like about the series is the pacing. It's a bit slow for my taste. Honestly, I can think of a reason why this might be the case on this show. It's probably because it's a bit hard to build up each characters in this kind of genre. I think the production staff thought about how to make this story understandable especially to those viewers who's not particularly attracted in science fiction. In order to do that, they probably think of slowly building up the stories from each characters' point of view before joining them up together by the end of the season.

That's just my opinion and observation. They might have other reasons why that's the pacing they chose to do. Regardless of what others might think, I love this show. Netflix hasn't renewed the show yet as of this writing but I really REALLY hope they do. I still want to see more of these people. It would be nice to see how the characters will grow and if they will finally see each other in person (with exemption of Will and Riley who finally met on the last episode). It will be cool to see all 8 of them together.


No comments:

Post a Comment