Thursday, June 5, 2014

Reading City of Bones

Hey there pixies!

It's currently 1:51 am here and I'm still wide awake. I made myself a cup of coffee an hour ago because I was craving for caffeine and now I can feel the effect. Usually, I drink coffee to make myself sleepy. Yep, it has that effect on me. Am I weird or does anybody know someone who has the same thing going on with them when they drink coffee?

Why am I talking about coffee anyway? That's not the point of my blog today. What I want to talk about is the book City of Bones. As some who might have read my previous blogs, I mentioned that I've been reading books with dystopian themes like the popular Hunger Games series. I just finished reading the Maze Runner trilogy (I love it but the last book is not on the same level as the first two books in my opinion). I felt there's something missing with the last book Death Cure but anyway, I'm not gonna dwell on that subject. I'll save that for a later post.

Anyway, City of Bones is not about dystopian theme, it's a fantasy book with an urban setting. It is the first book out of six in The Mortal Instruments series. I've seen the film before I started reading this one (I'm not yet done reading it) and so far the film changed and erased a lot of things from the book. Still, even though the film didn't follow a lot of things from the book I will still watch the second film (if ever they continue making it) not because I'm a fan of Lily Collins - the girl who portrayed Clary, the heroine of the series but because I still love the concept/idea of the story.

Anyway, I think I might need to read the book again once I'm done as there are parts that I wasn't able to digest well. So if you are interested with urban-fantasy story, this book is for you.

Sorry for this quick post. I'm supposed to make an "Art Dump" post as I've got lots of drawings I want to show you but I'm using my brother's desktop. I'll upload my artworks for the past weeks here when I'm using Yuffie (my laptop) alrighty?

Swish and flick!

No comments:

Post a Comment