Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Inspired by what I watch

Hello pixies!

I've been updating my Etsy store since last week as I got some new stuff up for sale. All of them are for ball-jointed dolls.

 
Anyway, two out of three of these ear flap hats I made were inspired by some characters most of you probably saw on film. If you know Despicable Me, then you know what is a minion.

So I saw this free crochet pattern online and I made some adjustments so that I can convert it to a doll-size hat. The original pattern is intended for human-sized.

Most of the patterns I actually have are fit for either adults or babies that's why whenever I download it, I need to put little or big adjustments depending on what size I'm making it for.





Another bjd hat I made is inspired by one of Marvel's popular heroes, Captain America. This is actually my own pattern. I based my design on the hero's color and his famous shield.

Voila!

I love how it turned out as it's my first time creating an ear flap hat based on my own idea and imagination. I visualized it first then applied it by using my previous knowledge with making bjd aviator-style caps.

And oh.... do you love my model? He's my first boy ball-jointed doll.
He's handsome right? My friend Mari did his face-up.





I also made another sock monkey hat based on the color requested by one of the buyers in my etsy shop. It is a light blue-white and navy blue combination.

Aside from these items I put up, I also made an ear flap hat for one of my girl dolls. I decided not to sell this item because it's something that I just tried for the first time.



I got the inspiration from Frozen's Elsa. I chose a turquoise for the actual hat color and light yellow for the lining. I searched for some snowflakes pattern and added it as an additional touch.

I gotta admit, finding a snowflakes pattern is hard, not because I can't find anything - I find lots of it, but are way too big for the hat. Luckily though, after hours of searching I find 2 patterns that looks right.

For those who have ball-jointed dolls, would you buy this Elsa-inspired hat if I'm to sell it?





So I guess that's it for now, I'm currently searching for other possible patterns I can use so i can improve my etsy store's list of items.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment