Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Life and Art

I would say that it's been quite difficult for me to express what I'm feeling right now especially during the past few weeks. I don't want to be negative so I tried to brush off things that are bothering me especially when I'm around people (that includes families and close friends). However even though I ignore these "negative things" it's like they manage to find ways to enter my mind. Yes, I laugh and smile and joke around people but deep inside, I'm not that happy person at all. I also feel that I am becoming moody almost all the time. It's like having to persona in one body. I assure you though that I'm not crazy. Yet.

Right now, life has been difficult. I admit that. Here I am facing the laptop thinking why am I even blogging about this? Maybe because I needed to talk to someone who won't judge me. Don't get me wrong though, I've got friends I can talk to but honestly sometimes I feel better when I write down my thoughts and  not to literally talk about it. If you're my friend who's reading this, please don't call me up or text me and say "hey I read your post, wanna talk about it?" Nope, I don't need that. Give me some time to collect my thoughts and you will know when I'm ready to talk about it. OK?


You know why I love my best friend? Because when I talk about something about my family's situation, she won't give me advice. She will just listen. That's what I like about her. We don't see each other often but whenever we talk, I don't have to explain anything to her. Last month, when I saw her, I told her something about a very private moment I had with my family. I didn't tell this to anyone but her... she listened and just said few words which is better than having someone giving you a lot of advice but in the first place not knowing exactly what you're dealing with. This is the time that I realize that I can't give comforting words to someone I know but not being able to know exactly the struggles they are experiencing. It's really hard to explain. To make it simple, you have to experience the situation first before being able to give advice.

Words of encouragement are okay... but giving too much of it makes it more difficult. Maybe I'm being moody again but that's how I feel.

Anyway, this post is getting too long and too dramatic already. I guess it's time for me to blog about the things I've been doing (yes I'm not all wallow and rants). I still have some activities in my life that gives me joy even though for a short time. I gotta still embrace some positive energies in my life right? :)

Okay so, every summer vacation, my niece stays with us in Manila for at least 2 months. Since I'm the one who works at home (which is not really happening at the moment), I get to spend more time with her. I'm like her personal maid (as she describes it herself) because I take care of her. I make sure that she takes a bath, eat her food, and give her things that will keep her busy (she gets easily bored). So our routine is to watch movies in my laptop, read fan fictions, and draw.

Since I have the time to do all those stuffs, I was able to start drawing again. My hand is no longer used to holding a pencil due to lack of practice so my drawings and sketches now are not good compared to my other artworks. Hopefully I can regain back my artistic skills. Below are some of the drawings I made just few days ago:

My favorite though is the Loki fan art I made.


I also joined a sketch event with some of my friends midweek of March. It was a wonderful experience even though the weather's so hot. But the weather didn't dampen our spirits as we all enjoyed the activities.


There are still other events that took place during the days I wasn't able to blog but I decided to make separate post about it so it won't be overshadowed by the negative things I said earlier. Don't mind me, that's just me being all sentimental and moody.

Okay then, see you on my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment