Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hubpage update and plans

What's up pixies?

I just spent my afternoon updating my Hubpage because I don't have anything else to do today. Updating it took a lot of time compared to writing just a simple post here in my blog. To write something in hubpage is quite an effort because it's not your ordinary blog. It's a place where a lot of information can be found. There are a LOT of good writers in hubpage and I do read some posts that interests me a lot. I started posting articles there since 2012, had a long hiatus and came back to posting again last year. Since then, I tried to make it a habit to post at least one article per month.

What did I post there today? Well lately I've been searching the internet about anything about grammar. My curious mind just started looking for common grammar mistakes because I don't know... I just feel like I need to have a self-refresher study about the usages of words so I won't look stupid whenever I write or say something in English. It really helps that I get to do this self-study thing at my own pace and whatever time I want since I have the occasional mood swing of jumping to one task to another.

Anyway, since I've been searching these stuffs, I decided why not make an article about these information I gathered and share it. It can help... I guess students who might be doing homework about grammar or something similar to it. I don't know, I'm just trying to be practical and spend time wisely by doing two things at the same time: learning and sharing.

So if your curious mind wanted to know what I'm talking about here is the link to the most recent article I made about common grammar mistakes. You can also find my hubpage link and other links directing to my tumblr, etsy store and deviantart account in the sidebar.

Good that? (haha this expression is from the Maze Runner series, obviously someone's been reading the series obsessively).

Let's shift to my plans shall we?

One of my friends (Shey) suggested that I apply on this home-based work she's been working at wherein you have to teach English to Japanese students. Honestly, it's actually one of the reasons why I've been researching about grammar so that in case I passed the application process and scored a position as online tutor, I won't look dumb in front of my student. Plus I've been doing this grammar research thing way before I decided to apply so it benefits me as well (improves my writing on hubpage and in blogging).

This past few days I've been doing some self-reflection. Part of it was questioning myself if I should try applying for this job or look for another one. I've got lots of concerns because first, I don't have a good spot at home where I can do this tutoring because the neighborhood is so noisy. Second, I want to just either draw and crochet all day, everyday.  However, one day I just woke up and decided I should try. I WILL TRY. Nothing to lose and so I SHALL do it.  I guess I'm being such a worry wart, making excuses which are not really a problem. I can work upstairs and I can still crochet and draw while having a job. It's actually the reason why I started to work at home - because it is cool. Work won't totally take over your life. You can still do whatever you want to do at your own pace.

Having said that, my first plan is to apply for this job. Hopefully I can pass the overall procedure in applying (including the test, interview, training and etc). Shey told me it's easy to do that but still I'm a bit nervous because it's been more than 4 years since I last got interviewed for a job (not counting chat interview). This one is skype interview so I'm pretty nervous about it. I'll just continuously chant "nerves is good."

Second plan, I'll be joining my friend Nanz on MM's (Manika Manila) tiangge event on August and we'll be joining forces once again to sell doll-related items. So my May, June and July will be full of crochet work to make BJD (ball jointed doll) items. Of course if ever I pass the job I'm applying for I'll be budgeting my time wisely. I'm still going to squeeze some time drawing and attend sketch events so my social life won't shutdown.

Alrighty then, this post is too long already. Sorry no pictures to share on this post today. But I'll do an art dump post soon so that I can at least share my drawings and crochet works to you pixies out there!

Swish and flick! (my new outro word since I'm a fairy/pixie)

No comments:

Post a Comment