Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Goals...

I mentioned on my previous post here that I'm not the type of person who make a list of resolutions everytime a new year begins. However, I am definitely someone who have dreams and goals in life. What I'm trying to say here is that, resolutions and goals are different from each other.

Resolution is, according to thefreedicitonary is the act or an instance of resolving. This means that resolution leans more on something that you shouldn't be doing or resolving a problem you already have. For example, you are a big spender and for this new year you want to minimize your bad spending habit by staying away from malls every other week or something like that. Therefore, you are resolving an "issue" you already have.

I guess the reason why most of the people who make resolution ends up not "meeting" it by the end of the year is because you will find yourself reverting back to this old habit of yours  slowly or instantly forgetting that you even have this resolution in the first place. It's like putting yourself in a tiny box but since you can't fit on it, you just gave up and remove yourself from it.

Like I said before, there are people who are successful with meeting resolutions and if making resolution works for you then by all means, go for it.

Now, my main point here is about goals. Goals for me is more of a continuous thing. It doesn't have a limit or a time frame. Goal-setting helps us to get in track with what we really, really want to have in life. It is done by outlining the step by step procedure we need to accomplish to achieve success.

Let me give you an example. My goal in life is to be rich so that I can provide what I and my family need in our everyday lives. Now, I can't be an instant millionaire the next day unless you join the lottery and you won. But you cannot just depend on your ticket right? Anyway, going back, If I want to be rich, I need to think of ways (good ways) on how I can earn money.

So the first thing I need to do is to either find a job, or start a business. Either way, whatever you choose that's one step from achieving your goal. Next step, how do I make this living contribute to my success? Well the next step is to perform well. If it's work, be punctual, show that you are reliable and efficient at the work place. Same goes if you are starting up a business. Spend time planning a "market strategy" and know how to give a quality product/service to your clients.

If you do this, you will get promoted or your business will be known to others, getting more possible clients for you.If you'll notice it takes certain steps to achieve goals but it is totally worth it.

For me, what I'm trying to do now to meet my goal is to just take it one step at a time. My target in life is to be successful. Successful in a lot of things, my business (which I started a year and a half ago) but didn't became successful) because honestly, my whole heart is not on it before. I neglected it and now I decided it's time to put my attention on it but it doesn't need to be an overnight success. As long as my business keeps on going and improving as the years go by, then I'll be happy.

Another goal of mine is to learn a lot of crafts. I'm beginning to teach myself on how to knit. I'll make a separate post about my knitting adventures here so watch out for that.

I've got a lot of goals but if I put it here, you might get bored and this post is also getting a bit long already. So dear readers, thank you for your time in reading this, may the force be with you and may the odds be ever be in your favor! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment