Sunday, January 26, 2014

Park quick shoot, Little Tokyo, and new crochet project done.

Last Monday, I and some friends went to Little Tokyo in Makati. This was our first time to visit this popular place that consists of different Japanese Restaurants. When Roxy, who is my long time bestfriend invited me and another friend of mine Nanz to check out the place, I immediately jump in to that idea. I've been wanting to see the place for a long time but for some unknown reason, I didn't.

Anyway, I immediately informed Nanz about the plan and of course I already know that she'll agree on this meet-up. This was also the first time that Roxy and Nanz will see, talk to each other in person hahaha. I know they'll get along well because of some similarities they have that I also possess.

Before that dinner though, I helped out Nanz do a "special project" related to "Destiel." For those who don't know what Destiel is, this is a "ship" relating to the "special bond" between fictional characters Dean Winchester and Castiel from the popular CW series Supernatural. The name is simply a combination of the names Dean and Castiel and is created by the fans.

So going back, there's this tumblr page that has a project where they accept submissions from Destiel fans showing a picture of themselves holding a banner with their name and location plus the hashtag #DestielAroundtheWorld. Their goal is to show that Destiel shippers can be found anywhere in the world. My friend Nanz, she's one of them. She's really really REALLY a hardcore fan of this pairing.

Nanz aasked me to help her out and obviously I said yes. She chose the location on where I will take her photo and now you can find her picture here.

Alright, let's go back to Little Tokyo. The place where we ate is called Hana. They have a wide selection of Japanese foods that will surely make your mouth water.
I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of the food I ordered but I do know that it's a Tofu steak and takoyaki. We were 45 minutes early from their opening time (6pm) so we just sat in front of their place, talking about anything under the calamansi tree. Haha.

The weather is actually perfect, it's cold and it matches the outdoor decors they have one of them was this:
It's a snowman (not Olaf though). Isn't he adorable? I guess this is still a Christmas decor from last year that they haven't yet replaced with a new one but I don't care, it's cute.

I'll surely come back to Little Tokyo as there are still other restaurants to explore there. I wanna try different foods though so hopefully my takoyaki cravings won't kick in again.

After this outdoor adventure, I spent the whole week mostly indoors except the time I went out with my mom to pay some bills and do some grocery shopping. What I did for the rest of the week was crocheting  medium size pouch for our nail tools to replace the old and dirty one. I just completed it this afternoon. It's just a simple plain blue colored yarn, nothing special about it. Just want to make sure that our nail tools are organized in one bag.
  (Above is the new crochet pouch I did, below is the old nail tools pouch we have which is store bought).

Thank you for reading! May the odds be ever in your favor! Someone's obviously obsessed with Hunger Games. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment