Saturday, March 21, 2015

Friday Night with the Girls

Hello pixies!

Yesterday was quite a day! We watched our friend Frida and her dad, the master impressionist Willie Nepomuceno perform. It was the repeat performance of their successful show last February titled The Votes of the Philippines. It was an absolute success and we (the audience) truly enjoyed the show. I love how spot on the actors are in mimicking the characters they are portraying.

Before the show though, I feel like Nanz (sister from another parents haha) and I were also in a different show. We were like competing for the Amazing Race haha. It was a good experience though. The bright side of this "walkathon" experience is that we were able to discover things like how quiet people commuting via LRT 2 are compared to those from LRT 1 and MRT 2. I swear I was amazed by how silent it is there. Usually you hear a lot of buzz in a crowded area, but this one, I feel like I'm in this post-apocalyptic world.The only talking people there were me and Nanz.

Anyway, the reason why we were traversing the roads of Quiapo and Recto yesterday was because we were looking for the bus that will bring us to Greenhills. Apparently, the bus terminal was already shut down or to be honest, I don't know what really happened. It just wasn't there anymore.

Plan B took place which is to ride LRT 2. I'm glad that Nanz was with me during this adventure because I will look like a lost puppy in this side of town. As usual the train was also crowded but it's tolerable than the usual trains I rode when I'm still commuting for work. Upon arriving at our destination which is V. Mapa station, we rode the super spacious bus enroute to Greenhills (Music Museum).

It seems that luck took pity on us because we didn't encounter a heavy load of traffic and we arrived early. We were able to eat dinner and soon after Tin (my super cute friend) arrived as well. We were able to relax a bit and do a little chitchats including how excited we are to see the performance live. Riz and her brother arrived just in the nick of time and then the show started.

I'm impressed by how good these people are (the performers from the show) because it is very hard to entertain people. They also need to be 'in character" to make sure that people will be wowed by how believable they are as the personality they are portraying. It is a 3-hour show and that's another pressure. Audience tends to get bored easily especially if they don't get what is happening on the stage. I would say that last night's performance have successfully dodge these obstacles.

Congratulations again to the cast and crew of The Votes of the Philippines!!!
photo courtesy of Riz Alo

No comments:

Post a Comment