Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Insomnia Diaries

Hello pixies!

I just have this urge to update my blog but doesn't even know how to begin. There's just too many things that I want to talk about but I don't want to bore you with stuffs that you can't relate to especially if you just happen to stumble on my blog.  I can't decide whether to blog about it or not. What can I say, that's how my brain works. I always have this hesitation when it comes to what or what not to blog.

I'm not even sure if someone is indeed reading this but I still care about the stuffs I share here whether someone I know or not reads this. Anyway... I'll just go ahead and say whatever I want to say.

To begin with, it's 12:45 a.m. and I'm still up and wide awake. I seriously believe that I have insomnia and my brain functions really well during these hours (12-5 in the morning). I used to work in a call center and guess what I'm doing at 2:30 in the morning? I'm answering emails, checking data from previous days activities, doing reports and if I'm not lucky, handling escalated calls and dealing with faults and issues with systems. Don't you just love to be in my shoes back then? Hahaha
photo by: Jonas Nilsson Lee (https://stocksnap.io)

My being insomniac now might have something to do with it. My body and mind got used to my daily activities during my call center life. Ever since then, this is how I roll. There are some exemptions though but it takes a lot of effort for me to sleep early if needed to. You know what makes me sleepy? Coffee. I know, I know, it wasn't a typical choice of beverage if you want to sleep. Coffee is something people drink to wake up their senses. Not me though. It makes me sleepy. It has that effect on me. Don't ask me because I don't know why (I should probably google this one later).

But you know what, I am trying to lessen my coffee intake so I no longer drink it at night. What I do now is just read myself to sleep and drink tea. I am obsessed with tea right now but I'll explain that on a separate post including a "tea haul." I think I have a 3-months supply of those stashed in a box. :)

I need to cut this post short so you won't get sick and tired of my stories haha.

Sprinkling you with fairy dust of happy sensations!

No comments:

Post a Comment