Thursday, March 12, 2015

In the hunt for Waterproof Cases for iPhone and DSLR

A few days ago, one of my friends, Tin, sent me and our other friends a private message inviting us to join her on a planned out of town celebration for her birthday. Since it's her birthday and I want to experience being outside of the capital I agreed (plus the fact that it's all expense paid by our wonderful friend). When she suggested that we go to Baler, which is known as one of the "top surf spots" in the Philippines (although I don't know how to surf), I immediately searched it via Google to have an idea what the place has in store for travelers.

The first thing I saw was the Ditumabo Falls, also known as Mother Falls, because it's the most majestic falls around the area. Obviously, if you are to visit such beautiful place, you must capture its beauty in a photo or much better in a video. My solution to avoid damaging my gadgets is to look for waterproof cases similar to  one I found from a Japanese company called Sanwa.
I'm in the hunt for the cheapest one I could find as I have a tight budget especially for things that I would rarely use in the future. I've seen a waterfalls before during one of our field trip in high school but this time around it will be different as I intend to document this shared experience with friends in a video. Rizza, who is the go-to person in our peer group when it comes to travel mentioned that she had read a blog regarding someone who unfortunately didn't think of protecting their gadget during their trip. I don't want Snow (my phone) and Caspian (my DSLR) to have the same fate as that person's gadgets.

Speaking of DSLR... I am thinking of making an improvised waterproof case instead of buying. How do I do that? I don't know yet but I'll post it here once I figured out how to make one. I promise! Researching is my number one agenda for sure as soon as I'm done with the things I'm currently doing. I'm trying to be thrifty these days so I'm being careful on where or what I spend my money for.

If you have an idea how to improvised waterproof cases, please do leave a comment below. I'll appreciate your help.

Sprinkling sweet fairy dusts to you reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment